Wednesday, September 18, 2013

surprise scent day

A friend recently posted on Facebook that her husband brought her Le Labo Oud 27 after a trip to Los Angeles.  Since I have never tried that one, she posted "Come by and I'll spray some on you" so thinking that she was home, I did that (and brought some eggplant for her and her family as we have too much to use ourselves).

She wasn't home (she must have been at work posting) but her husband was, so I got to try Oud 27.  We talked about fragrance, and I tried some of the samples that he was given with that purchase, but truth be told the only one I remember is Byredo Pulp, which was so very interesting to me, and nearly went to sickening-sweet-and-cloying, but drew back just in the nick of time.  I need to try this one again.

I enjoyed Oud 27 but I'll try it again so I can sit with it for more than a couple of hours.

In the meantime, I find myself often wearing Le Labo Rose 31.  This is such a lovely fragrance, and I have talked about it here before - a spicy rose, but not overpowering.  It's comfortable and comforting.  A wonderful rose for the end of summer.

The last roses of the season

10 comments:

  1. So, what does Pulp smell like? The name sounds rather dreadful... like things all smashed to moosh.. so that when you say almost sickeningly sweet I think of rotting flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurie - it is kinda like a bunch of sweet moosh! Here's a good review from M http://chickenfreaksobsessions.blogspot.com/2012/12/sotdreview-byredo-pulp.html and one from PST http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot.com/2009/03/byredo-pulp-perfume-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol

    Sweet moosh is good! I like Pulp - it does hang back at the 11th hour and gets merely 'very juicy' as it wears on. Don't recall the oud scent in question, but used to have a sample of Rose 31, and enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) hey Bonks! I need to try Pulp again - I'll have to 'steal' it from my friends! Rose 31 has been quite the calming friend lately, though just today the atomizer stopped working so I have to move it to another container.

      Delete
  4. I also liked Pulp when I tried it. I still should have a drop or two of it in my sample, so I'll revisit it. I also have a sample of Oud 27 but since I'm not a big agarwood fan I wasn't in a hurry to check how far that perfume was from the declared name. Rose 31, on the other hand, was an instant like and I wear it from time to time in colder weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Undina!! Oud 27 gets a little ugly there for a bit; in fact, my friend didn't really like it at first (her husband loved it, and is why he bought it for her)...but it's growing on her. Now this is all just quick impressions from that one sampling, and I do need to try it again.

      Delete
  5. Oud 27 was a serious scrubber on me. Like really bad. I am always amazed when I see people like things that I couldn't get off fast enough. That's part of the fun of perfume I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Poodle! I can totally see how it could be a scubber on some, and I agree, that is part of the fun of perfume!

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried Oud 27, but I do very much like Pulp. I've been toying with getting a purse spray of that one for a long time, especially as it would be an opportunity to buy one of the Byredo travel cases. Extravagant, but so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Natalie!! Oh so pretty is right! I'll have to find a way to get that sample from my friends ;)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.