Monday, February 25, 2013

Mojo Magique


The lovely people at Mojo Magique (from Louisiana) sent me a sample of their perfume and I have been wearing it for the past few days.  I have to say I was completely surprised by this, as I was expecting a dark and heavy perfume (because I didn't research the fragrance at all before I received it in the mail, and thinking about the words 'mojo' and 'magic' and 'Louisiana').

"Enchanted with magical notes of Nature, Magique awakens with fresh citrus, 
floats on flowers of Jasmine and Lily of the Valley, then arrives in the mysterious woods
 of patchouli, cedar, and sandalwood"

Top:  Lemon, Grapefruit, Mandarin
Heart:  Muguet, Fig, Jasmine, Lavender
Base:  Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Pepper, Anise, Cinnamon.

At first spritz, I get 4711.  And then the deeper notes dip in and out.  This fragrance is very fresh and pretty. No cloying jasmine or lily of the valley; the notes play very well together.  Lasting power is good, too.

I really like it, even though like I said I had expected something much bolder, louder, and sweatier (which as you all know, is more my style).  Although I'm wearing it now, in the dead of winter, I can see myself reaching for this a lot in the heat of the summer.

So, if you're a fan of 4711 and want a perfume with a little more depth and personality, definitely try this one.  I am glad I did.   You can get a free sample from their website here (you only pay shipping).  Now only if they would offer this in 50 ml bottles.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I might like this! I agree that the provenance of the perfume might suggest something a bit darker, with voodoo notes as standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, I think you may like it! I just saw from a tweet from them, that they will send a free sample (free shipping) to perfume bloggers (they didn't say anything in the tweet about USA only). You should contact them!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is! Their graphics are wonderful, too!

      Delete
  3. This sounds cool. I love all the niche fragrances that are coming out now. Twitter's a great place to find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joan! Did you ask them for a sample yet? I'd love to hear your take on this little lovely.

      Delete
  4. Yes! Love the fun and whimsical art and the layers of this perfume. I also encourage you to get a sample and try it...its trippy how much this fragrance evolves from when you put it on to how it smells hours later. I love the smell the next morning after wearing it the night before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Cody! The scent doesn't linger that long on my skin, though. I get about 4-6 hours, which isn't too bad at all.

      Delete
  5. We carry this perfume at By George in Austin, TX- it smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome, Katie. Glad you enjoy it too!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.