Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 already!?

Wow, where does the time go?  Happy New Year!

Oh by the way I didn't mean to change the look of this blog - I was playing around with the design over the holidays, and clicked something, and there you go!  I didn't save my old template, so it's lost forever.  I'll probably be messing around with colors and design elements here and there, so don't be alarmed.

Let's talk perfume?

Cartier L'Heure Vertueuse.  Oh how I wanted to be transported to the time of stillrooms, and Hildegard von Bingen.  Well I was transported - to the 1970s - washing my hair with Clairol's Herbal Essence shampoo. And for smelling like shampoo, (even though the 'vintage' Herbal Essence was one of THE best smelling, coolest, amazing shampoos of all time), this perfume is way way too expensive.  Here are some links you may like to explore.  Perfume Shrine.  Grain de Musc.


Hilde Soliani Cristina.  I admit it - I'm a patch whore.  With notes of patchouli, labdanum and vanilla, this goes on sweet, and ends up dry and a bit dusty.  I do wish that the vanilla lasted a bit longer. I do wish the scent lasted longer.  A pricey not too overwhelming patchouli that fades quickly.  Darn it.

There must be something in my un-sniffed stash which knocks my socks off - wish me luck while I go treasure hunting!


10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Carol!

    I haven't tried these perfumes, but will agree with you that Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo was the greatest shampoo on Earth!!! (For the smell alone, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzanne!! You, with your lovely nose, will probably get more from the Cartier than I did. And oh my goodness, wasn't that the best smelling shampoo ever!?! Here's wishing you and yours the best in this new year.

      Delete
  2. Vertueuse was super herby as I recall - not what I like in a perfume myself, certainly.

    Cristina sounds a bit of all right, though! I have been enjoying Parfum Initial a lot lately, patch lover that I am. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina is a bit of all right! I actually would have probably fell deeply in love with Vertueuse if I hadn't washed my hair with Herbal Essence! ;)

      I'll have to check out Parfum Initial!!

      Delete
  3. YOU: "even though the 'vintage' Herbal Essence was one of THE best smelling, coolest, amazing shampoos of all time)"
    ME: Yes, yes, yes! [sorry, that's from the ad for the *new* stuff]

    Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo!!! Oh, I remember that dark green thick liquid, and the peculiar (for cosmetics), grassy smell that my mother hated. It was my rebellion shampoo.

    I was thrilled at first when the new Herbal Essences came out, then immediately disappointed to discover the fragrances had nothing in common. That extra "'s" added to the name of the reincarnation makes all the difference. [Thinking now of Barthe's S/Z.... I may have more to say about that some time soon...]

    Does l'Heure vertueuse smell like the old shampoo--or is it more like friends and family? I once ordered a scratch-and-sniff book that promised a nostalgic Herbal Essence moment (along with Bonnie Bell 1006 and a few lost faves). Sadly, the scents had dissipated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I replied to your reply! Where did it go?

      Oh well, anyhoo, I think I said something like I love the fact that you had a rebellion shampoo, and that Vertueuse is more lavendery than vintage Herbal Essence.

      AND that I had to look up Barthe's S/Z! Thanks for learning me a new thing!

      Delete
  4. Happy new year to you, too! And whoa on the Cartier and Herbal Essences connection. Who knew?! (You, obviously) I'm always shocked when something that pricy calls to mind something super inexpensive. Happened to me with a Lalique perfume once. Pure Downy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Natalie!!

      I think I'm going through a temper-tantrum at all really expensive perfumes - I hope that I'm not reviewing them on the negative side because of this, but the high prices are bugging the heck out of me. Esp. in light of the fact that my favorite scent this past year (Les Nereides Opoponax) is so not expensive.

      Which Lalique!?!

      Delete
  5. Happy new year :) and thanks for the like. Goodluck on your search

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thanks M!! I think I have found some goodies in my stash - will post soon about them.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.