Saturday, October 6, 2012

A very busy week, a couple perfumes

This past week flew by - I had a lot of community-type meetings and forums and events to attend, so I wasn't very focused on perfume.

Robert Piguet Bandit (unknown vintage):  Birgit asked about leather on Monday so I rifled through my samples to find a leather, and even though I was still wearing my pyjamas, I dabbed myself with my long-neglected sample of Bandit. Although I had tested it years ago, I had forgotten how slap-me-in-the-face-with-a-leather-glove it is.  But then it gets a little fruity and the sting wears off and it gets a bit cozy!  It is SUPER long lasting.  I mean extremely long lasting - I could detect it on my wrists the next morning.   In general, I am not a big leather fan though I do adore Chanel Cuir de Russie .  But boy oh boy am I glad I have Bandit in my arsenal because there are times that I need this specific kick in the pants.

Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli.  A gorgeous sublime patchouli. I love patchouli, and HdP does this one different.  I believe that anyone who isn't a big fan of patch may enjoy this perfume  (edited 11/5/12 - actually NP can get very deep and rich on my skin - Tabu-esque at times.  Glad I'll be getting a 10 ml decant of this soon.  Here's a review from Olenska, and one from Michael.

And last but not least (and the perfume I wore the most this week)......
Happy early birthday to meeeeee!


12 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday dear! ;)

    I love Bandit! Green and leather can never go wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C (and again thanks for educating me on Opoponax!)!!!

      Delete
  2. I have a problem with leather scents. It's not a scent I'm fond of to start with, and it overpowers most everything else. When I first started experimenting with scent creation, I wanted to make one that was leather/chocolate/rose/pepper but no matter what I did, the leather dominated. I had bought a bottle of leather accord from TGSC and I think I had it diluted down to about 1% and it was STILL screaming at me. Now I've got that bottle of accord that I can't see any way of using... *sigh*

    The Noir Patch actually sounds pretty cool to me.. but then, it had me at the word 'chthonic' and the idea of old books in scent! I bet that one sells big in the Goth community- at least among the Elder Goths who prefer Messe de Minuet over the latest musk. And a big YEAH! on the Opoponax! It truly sounds luscious.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laurie: wow, I didn't know that happened with leather accord. BTW, The Noir Patchouli has a leather note in it, but it doesn't come off that way (to my nose anyway). So glad you liked Meg/Olenska's review of this baby!

      Delete
  3. Happy early birthday. Thanks for the tip on Noir Patch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for much, Scented Hound, and you're welcome. If you're on Facebook, there is currently a split of NP going on at FFF!

      Delete
  4. Happiest of birthdays, and OH HOORAY at Noir Patchouli becoming your companion! "Sublime" is certainly the word-- both for Noir Patchouli and for you, my dear sister! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my sweet! A dear friend is taking me to see the Dalai Lama, so I'll be gone for a few days, and actually will be listening to him speak on my exact birthday!!

      XOX

      Delete
  5. Well, happy birthday to both of us! Leather and I don't always get along, and I haven't even tried Bandit yet (I know, I know, I'm late to a lot of partys) but I love Cuir Ottoman and have a sample of Daim Blond that just arrived I'm eager to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy birthday, Dionne!! Yeah leather isn't a note that I tend to yearn for, and Bandit is L E A T H E R. But there are times when it fits, that is for sure.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.