Sunday, October 14, 2012

a quick post about my birthday this past week

A dear friend drove us to Charlottesville, Virginia to see the Dalai Lama.  We drove down to Virginia Wednesday and stayed with a friend and her family.  Then we headed to Charlottesville on Thursday (my birthday!) to hear the Dalai Lama speak, and it was an awe-inspiring experience! I was interviewed by Tibetan radio too!  Then we drove back home on Friday.

I wore Les Nereides Opoponax on Thursday, and Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli on Friday.  The friend whom we stayed with wore Clinique Happy, and I can see why it is so popular - a nice fresh scent!

A wonderful whirlwind of a trip!!  (I must admit I was totally exhausted on Saturday...why does one get so tired sitting in a car all day long?)  I haven't been able to catch up on my 'fume blog reading, but hope to do so soon.

The Green Tara

18 comments:

  1. Blessings galore! And for you, my favorite small mantra from the Lotus Sutra: Kai yo ken bi ryo nyo jyo butsu ("From afar they beheld her, the Dragon Maiden, now become a buddha")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful mantra!

      Delete
  2. Happy to hear you had a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a fascinating experience, and I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I got away last weekend myself (and you're right, my 14 hour drive tapped me right out) and it's taken a while to get caught up on my reading. I keep thinking maybe I should pare back on the blogs, but I'm having a hard time doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was, Dionne! And hoping your birthday was wonderful, too! I am SOO behind in blog reading - blerghh - I actually cut back a while ago but even so, I could spend hours (and do) on the computer reading!

      I'm still exhausted by my travels - sigh! ;)

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday, Carol! I love the Dalai Lama's smile ... so cool that you got to see him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Suzanne! An event I'll never forgot (and I love his smile too!)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday - hope you enjoyed yourself! It's nice to do a little somthing out of the ordinary on your special day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Josephine!! Oh I sure did, and it was such a special treat!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful birthday celebration! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello hello SH! Thank you so much - this birthday was extra-ordinarily special.

      Delete
  7. Happy belated birthday! It's great when you get to spend it the way you enjoy - even if you have to spend the whole day in a car ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! So what was seeing the Dalai Lama like????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sonia! Thank you - it was really inspiring! We were in an outdoor amphitheater so we weren't very close, but he was inspiration. Amazing!

      Delete
  9. That sounds really different. What did the Dalai Lama say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joan - the event was titled "Beyond Religion: Ethics for a Whole World." My interpretation of what I heard was to get past all the differences in religion, and focus on the key thoughts in all which are love and compassion.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.