Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spending time with Providence Perfume Co.


Between the two gardens I have (at home and at the community garden) I have been so busy with canning, freezing and dehydrating the fruits of our labor that I have neglected to post for awhile.  But I have spent some personal time with my Providence Perfume Co. samples in these last two weeks, and have been thoroughly enjoying them.  Two from my stash I have already reviewed and I have linked to those reviews.    Rose Boheme and Eva Luna.

I'm going to get this out in the open straight away.  I like Charna.  I like her a lot.  Although I have never met her in person, she was so very helpful to me over the phone last year when my son was moving to Providence and I was needing some logistical help with the whole moving process. I'm stating this for the full-disclosure thing-a-ma-jig.  Am I able to review her perfumes without the thought of her kindness?  Well probably not, but I will try.  I'm linking each perfume to the Providence Perfume Co. website so you can see all the notes and information.  Also know that many of these samples I bought on my own, and a few Charna sent to me free of charge.  I cannot remember which are which, though.  Oh my poor aging brain!

All the samples are Eau de Parfum except for the one body oil.

Hindu Honeysuckle:  This is one of my absolute favorites of the line. It is fresh and deep all in one, with jasmine being clean, the vetiver not overwhelmingly (I have a difficult time with vetiver - sometimes it is too melancholy for me, but not in this perfume), and the dry down is pure Charna signature beauty.

Ginger Lily:  Big fat slices of juicy goodness on a bed of warmth. 'Nuff said!

Osmanthus Oolong:  One of the best tea-based perfumes I have ever tried.  So many others are wimpy - this one has stature  I'm kinda bummed I spent money on a 10 ml decant of Tea for Two.  Drat.

Divine: A sophisticated orange blossom/neroli that is glamorous and yet down-to-earth.  Gorgeous!

Divine Noir:  This is absolutely stunning.  "A vintage inspired interpretation of our Divine..." (from Charna's website).  I cannot get enough of this.  Must.have.now.  I adore the root beer/sarsaparilla note in it which adds lift and a pinch of sweetness to the bottom notes of oakmoss and vanilla.  The way the notes are blended and yet stand on their own is genius.

Orange Blossom Body Oil:  I have been using my sample on my hands because they're super dry with all the gardening I have been doing.  With a mixture of oils (sweet almond, safflower, apricot, to name a few), this skin-loving-product is perfect for not only my hands, but the bath too.  I'm actually going to order the set of these samples next as a full bottle of one (or two) of these body oils is a must have.  Other body oil offerings are Amber Cream, Lavender Vanilla, and Wild Lime Leaf.  At $26.00 for a 100 ml bottle, you cannot go wrong!

Okay I admit it.  I gush about Providence Perfume Co.  I do. But I think it is worthy of gushing.  I also want to hang out in Charna's house some time - I bet it smells amazing.

I'm off now to pick the last of the tomatoes at the community garden.  And then I have to figure out what to do with them. Wish me luck.

16 comments:

  1. Devine Noir...the name itself sucks me in...add the fact that it has oakmoss...I must check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

      Delete
  2. Apparently I am spelling challenged today. I don't want you to think that I can't spell DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) I have been so spelling challenged lately, you would not believe!

      Delete
  3. Now I'm convinced I MUST try Divine Noir and Osmanthus Oolong! It's difficult to know where to start when they all sound so beautiful. Thanks for 'breakin' down' some of Charna's offerings for us : )

    Bottles of Amber Cream, Lavender Vanilla and Orange Blossom Body Oils are already staples of mine - especially the amber since it layers well under many perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cymbaline!! Once my sample is used up, I'm definitely going to purchase a FB of DN. And OO - ooh you will love it! You're welcome - I hope I did Charna justice with my reviews.

      I might just have to blind buy the Amber Cream since you mentioned it layering so well. Thanks!!

      Delete
    2. I bought Amber Cream based on a review by Gaia (thenonblonde)and don't regret it one bit, so I'm thrilled to be a part of the 'blind-buy chain' :D

      Delete
  4. cannot agree more!! charna is one of the most talented, joyous and kind natured perfumers out there!

    Hindu Honeysuckle & Rose Boheme are brilliant pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you posted, Solace! And I totally agree with ALL that you wrote.

      Delete
  5. Ooh Honeysuckle, yes please! Will definitely go and check this out, because that is one smell I do really love. I pout when honeysuckle goes out of bloom in N. Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey BA - there is actually no honeysuckle per se in the notes - this is what Charna says about it on the website: From India With Love . . . Revered for its lush aroma, honeysuckle symbolizes generosity and kindness. Notes of sweet Indian Jasmine Sambac meld with green vetivert, musk ambrette, rose and coriander. Crisp bergamot belies the sweetness of honeysuckle." I hope you do sample it!

      Delete
  6. Carol, thank you for your lovely review! Your support is incredible and I dearly appreciate it. Many thanks from chilly Rhode Island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Charna - it was my absolute pleasure! (and it's super chilly here too, though I must admit I like this weather much better than the 90+ we had during the summer)

      Delete
  7. Carol, I enjoyed your mini-reviews and you've got me wanting to try Ginger Lily, Osmanthus Oolong and Divine Noir.

    Btw, how does your son like living in Providence? My husband is on work travel there right now and has really been digging the atmosphere and the Italian restaurants. I'm thinking I'm going to have to find a way to join him on his next jaunt - it sounds like a beautiful little city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdie Suzanne!! Ginger Lily is delicious! OO is her 'lightest' offering to my nose. And Divine Noir - wowza!!!

      My son is enjoying it, much more now that they are in their second year there and feeling more at home! Definitely go next time as I quite enjoyed the town the two times I have been there!! Thanks so much for asking.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.