Saturday, August 11, 2012

A week in August, and La Myrrhe

Monday I was too tired from the events of the weekend, so I didn't wear any perfume.  Tuesday, I spritzed on some Lalique Flora Bella as I need a mood lift.  Wednesday was Hermes Un Jardin Apres la Mousson day, and also the day I received a bunch of sample from the most wonderous Christos!!!

So on Thursday I planned on a lazy day (after I cleaned the chicken coop, and scrubbed the bathroom floor) of going through all the samples and setting up days to test them.  Well that didn't happen (though I did end up cleaning the coop after dinner) because I needed to help a friend with some computer-related stuff.  I wore Miller Harris L'Air de Rien.  By the way, I plan on making this my semi-signature scent.  Meaning, around my family and certain friends, I'm only going to wear this scent.  We'll see if I can pull this off.

So now it's Friday.  I'm dipping into Christos' samples and just had to wear Serge Lutens La Myrrhe.  This stuff is exquisite and in fact I happily shrieked when I opened the package to see this as my original sample from Olenska was nearly empty. Christos has a spot-on review of this perfume here. Notes for La Myrrhe include aldehydes (not the horrible sneezy kind), mandarin, anise and myrrh.  You know I love me my anise!  I really love this scent - I have to say, that after Queen Rose, this is my second favorite Lutens. This also lasts fairly long on my skin - a good four hours. And this time it didn't play hide-and-seek with me like it did before.   I am not a gourmandy gal, so for those who are also not gourmand fans, I believe you would still like it lots.

My thanks again to Christos for making me so happy!

8 comments:

  1. I want to see the scene where La Myrrhe, Flora Bella, L'Air de Rien, and La Chasse all get together for chat-time over capuccinos. I'm not saying it'd be Sex In the City or anything. More like Hannah & Her Sisters, plus one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...or like my favorite sister movie "Crimes of the Heart" - Sissy Spacek, Diane Keaton and Jessica Lange - and sister-in-law (or cousin?) Tess Harper. Love that movie - why don't I own it? Hmmmm. And the house..the HOUSE...wow. I have three favorite movie houses - the other two are the ones in "Baby Doll" and "It's a Wonderful Life". I own those two; gotta look for "Crimes.." to purchase! (not that I have money but what the hell)

      Delete
  2. Of all the perfumes you mentioned I tried only Un Jardin Apres la Mousson.

    Good luck with your experiment (semi-signature scent). I wouldn't be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be able to do it, either! but I'll see

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you are enjoying this. I still owe you Anice and I will see what other aniseed wonders I have in my cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear C, you don't owe me anything, but I am itching to try that Etro. BTW, let me know if there is anything I can send in return. I'm making pickle relish at the moment - once it is done, I'm going to clear my nasal passages and then try your other samples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by the idea of a semi-signature scent; it would give me a great excuse to wear my beloved Ormonde Woman more often. And with both you and Mals waxing eloquent about La Myrrhe, I really do need to try it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdie Dionne! Well I blew that semi-thing already - I met up with family yesterday and didn't wear L'air de Rien. Sigh!

      When I finally send you some TBO, I'll send some La Myrrhe too (I'm soo behind in mailing stuff)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.