Friday, July 27, 2012

Monday through Friday

On Monday, Birgit asked "Are you still looking for the one?"  Well you know what is interesting?  I found (one of) THE ONE(s), the It Girl of fragrances, totally unsniffed and extremely early in my perfume blogging time:  Miller Harris L'Air de Rien, and of course I'm wearing it today.  So why would I continue in my perfume journey?  Because I hadn't found others in my 'much loved' category!  And I was hooked - looking for new loves in fragrance became too addictive.

Tuesday:  Since Andy Tauer is on my mind today, I'm wearing his Carillon pour un Ange.


Wednesday: I received the most wonderful package of scents from the most wonderful lovely Marie.  She knows I adore Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionelle, and stocked me up with it, as well as sending me APs Strip which I have never sniffed.

Strip was launched in 2007, and is a warm, amber/vanilla woodsy clove-y scent (I cannot find cloves in any list of notes, but I swear it's in there), with that AP signature.  Is there anything from AP I don't like?  (Now admittedly, I'm not ga-ga over L'Agent like others in this line, as I tend to like scents that punch me in the arm, but I do enjoy it, esp on hot days.)  What joy is Strip!  There is a faint reminder of L'Air de Rien, and also what I remember of Boudoir (I gave my sample to my cousin last autumn).  Love love love!

Another really hot day today (Thursday) so I made cucumber pickles this morning, and then caught up on emails and sprayed on some Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess (samples from Marie).  I'm a bit disappointed, and am trying to figure out why.  True,  I'm normally not a Lauder fan (other than Youth Dew), but I thought that this would be a golden juice.  I'll see how I feel later today.  Maybe my nose is all filled up with vinegar and spices?

Birgit likes it.  And so does Dee and Marie and Undina.

Okay, it's hours later - and I reapplied.  It's a pretty perfume, but not for me.

Friday - La Chasse aux Papillons.  Yes it's also a pretty perfume, but to me it makes me think of that one cherished poem I read as a pre-teen; evoking rose-colored nostalgia.

I need to get off the computer and get some gardening done. Hoping that everyone has a beautifully scented weekend!  

16 comments:

  1. Yay for Papillons! A sweet flittery way to end the week. I hope next week is sweeter and sweeter. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was it was! have you tried Bronze Goddess yet? I'm curious as to what you think of it, having reviewed so many Lauders. Happy weekend!

      Delete
    2. No, I actually haven't worn it yet! Several of my coworkers love it, so I've enjoyed it vicariously in passing-- but I feel no compulsion to wear it myself. My theory is that it's because I'm not a "beach person". Every lady I know who wears it also loves sand, sea, and sunbathing. Coincidence?

      Delete
    3. Well I'm not a beach person either; I grimace at the thought of beach/sand, etc - I'd rather be in a city or the mountains or the snow before going to the beach. Maybe that's why BG is a 'meh' for me.

      Delete
  2. I have only tried L'Agent and I think it is gorgeous. I could easily wear it myself. No punch for sure but such a nice suede thing going on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christos! I think my problem is that my nose isn't delicate enough. I'll wear L'Agent today and seek out the suede-thing.

      Delete
  3. Carol,

    You just have to give Bronze Goddess another chance! Not right away but in a week or two. It's a known fenomenon: the longer you expect to try something while reading everybody's accolades for it the higher expectations you build up. And almost nothing can live up to these expectations. But after the initial disappointment, when you do not expect much any more, it might pleasantly surprise you. BG isn't a perfume to die for but it might fit extremely well some niche. And when available it's almost free ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Undina - maybe I will try again in a few weeks!

      Delete
  4. Ooh! Ooh! I forgot the existence of Carillon pour un Ange.. It's gorgeous. I persuaded myself to love Orange Star, because I wanted to love a Tauer, but Carllon-etc. doesn't require any persuading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well hello CF! Actually CpuA is some that I needed to persuade myself to like - but after the first few wears, I didn't need to persuade myself!

      Delete
  5. Oh, you've got Strip! I!'ve been after this like the devil after a poor soul, but it is almost impossible to find...
    I'm glad you like it, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's amazing!! I'm such an AP gal!

      Delete
  6. Another fan of Strip here - I lucked out on Ebay if anyone needs a top up!

    Bronze Goddess I will have to retry because I am not sure I remember where I stand - or lie on my sun lounger - on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bonks!!! Ooh I'm so glad you love and have Strip. I'm loving L'Agent more and more these days. I don't think there is anything that AP does that I don't like!

      BG - I'd love to get your take on it because your nose is so much more delicate than mine - perhaps you could tell me what I'm missing!

      xox

      Delete
  7. Nothing really earthshattering to say (how unusual, right? ;) ), but wanted to say that I really like these scents of the day on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nat!! oh you - thanks muchly - I had a lot going on last week so I didn't do a scents-of-the-week, so thanks for posting because I'll start tomorrow!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.