Sunday, July 22, 2012

a week of scent

I left Facebook for awhile, so I'll be doing my SOTD's (Scent of the Day) here (if I remember!).  Also, if I have already reviewed it, I'll link the name to the post.

Monday:  Raphael Replique - the shapely bottle version which is an EDT - I currently have three versions of it so this is my 'middle vintage' one.

Tuesday:  Coty Chypre - even sprayed some on the Moth, and he smells great in it.

Wednesday:  L'Artisan Mimosa pour Moi - what a delight!!  But because I already have Miller Harris Couer de Fleur, which features mimosa, no full bottle for me, though I wouldn't mind a nice sized decant of this.  So I sent the sample off to Rice from Notes from the Voodoo Lounge  because in this post she was lamenting the loss of mimosa trees.

Thursday - Eau de Pickling Vinegar and Spices

Friday - See above

Saturday - Lutens Sa Majeste la Rose and heading out to the Farmers' Market. Although we are starting to harvest from our garden, we still needed some onions, tomatoes, corn, and local home-grown chicken!  I worked all day on outdoor projects and The Queen Rose lasted along with me.

It's Sunday morning now and I'm not sure what I'm going to be wearing today - need coffee.  But I'm thinking that I'll be wearing Providence Perfume Eva Luna because the Moth and I are going to see "Midsummer Night's Dream" being performed locally.

these are AWESOME - spicy zucchini refrigerator pickles


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. they are really REALLY good, and a great way to use up all the zucchini that appears at this time of year!

      Delete
  2. I recently got Eva Luna and have yet to try it - thanks for the reminder. How was the show? (and now I'm dashing off to read the below, because it looks like you got something verrrrry exciting!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the show was delightful! thanks Nat!

      Delete
  3. Hmm. I think Blogger ate my comment. But I'm sorry if I duplicate.

    Thanks for the reminder about Eva Luna. I got it recently and haven't tried it yet. And now, I'm off to read the below, because it looks like you got something verrrry exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Nat - I took off the captcha thing but I now moderate all the responses - sorry for the confusion - it's just that I personally get annoyed by typing in those crazy words and numbers that are difficult to figure out.

      Delete
    2. Ah, that makes sense I agree those codes are so annoying. Sorry for duping though!

      Delete
    3. please no worries, Nat! Yeah those codes are so annoying esp when I don't get them right on the first try!

      Delete
  4. Aaaaaah, sweet sweet Replique. I may need to reconnect with her sometime this week; she's been neglected in favor of so many citrusy eaux lately, but her cilantro goodness is calling out to me... how was the Shakespeare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's misses you dreadfully!

      The show was adorable! Our friend A. played Flute/Thisbe which was a hoot!

      Delete
    2. Wearing Replique tomorrow for YOU, my friend. I admire and respect you beyond words. From one artist to another, you kick ass, straight up.

      Delete
    3. <3 my dear pal!! BTW, I need to learn to draw...I'm pretty darned good with texture and color but am abysmal with drawing. I wish we lived close because I'd beg you for lessons! XOXOXO

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness--I do believe I was at the same show. Was Oberon using a cane?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! It's a small small world, isn't it?

      Delete
    2. Wow--very cool! Too bad I did not know to look for you! We visit a professor friend there on our way through to see family every year. (This year I wish I'd stayed there and skipped the family LOL--soo much drama, and not the amusing MSND kind!)

      Delete
    3. Oh I wonder if I know that professor and his wife - I have a few friends in that department! Well next year, definitely let's get together for coffee

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.