Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Three samples, three short reviews

(photo from The 7 Virtues website)

The 7 Virtues Afghanistan Orange Blossom:  A pretty dirty little orange blossom.  Though it faded on my skin after three hours (dag-nabbit!).    Review by Dionne at BoTO

Infusion Organique Buddha's Fig:  Although VERY fleeting, at $35.00 for 50 ml you really cannot go wrong.  A really good fig scent.  Here's Brian's review at NST.

L'Artisan L'Eau D'Ambre:  There is something in this that reminds me of childhood. Is it Play Doh?    A positive review by Birgit at Olfactoria's Travels.

Of all three, I like Afghanistan Orange Blossom best.  Again, wishing for most lasting power.


* I received samples of AOB and BF from Dionne, and LedA from BIrgit or Michael.  I feel very guilty that I cannot remember who sent me that sample.  But do want to thank  you!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like AOB, but too bad about the longevity. And that Buddha's Fig is just a delightful thing, isn't it? I only get about 4 hours out of it, but it's worth the ride. (Sometimes it's worth it to have scent-glue skin.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dionne, thanks so much again, and yes, those two scents are fabulous. And you are soo fortunate to have scent-glue skin!

      Delete
  2. Interestingly, I like L'eau d'Ambre, but I don't feel any real compulsion to own it at this point. Probably its childlikeness is what makes it a bit more palatable to me. Sometimes ambers can be too, too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nat!! So glad it works for you - I wish "Play Doh" didn't stick in my craw - I actually had to scrub it. Sigh.

      Delete
  3. I really liked L'Eau d'Ambre at Birgit's amber talk, and have a sample of it somewhere. Problem is, where...? I don't know where anything is at the moment and I haven't left this house yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bonks! I hear England has been dreadfully soggy lately. You have more important things than to worry about a sample at the moment - but when you do settle in, and re-sniff let me know if you think "Play Doh" too! ;) XOX

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.