Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another 'not a true perfume post' - I blame it on the weather

It's the heat I tell ya.

I have a couple of perfume posts in the making, but for days I just sat in the living room, in the air conditioning, and even that gave me a headache.  The heat gives me headaches ('oh poor me") but constant air conditioning can too!

Okay I didn't sit in the living room for days straight.  But when I went outdoors (to water the chickens, to water our garden in the yard and our 'allotment' at the community garden, and to go to the grocery store) it was overwhelming hot and humid.  You know, the type of weather that you can barely catch your breath?  Yep, that kind of hell.

The only perfume I could deal with last week was the lighter cologne-y stuff - Florida Water, 4711, that Demeter I mentioned, and Fresh Lemon Sugar Sugar Lemon.

But now the weather is better.  Today, after The Moth fixed the lawn mower, I was able to mow the weeds.  Then I did some laundry and hung it out on the line.  And I made some dill pickles.

I'm dying to wear Coty Chypre (thank you Pat!!!) and write about it.  Hopefully I'll be able to do that tomorrow.

waiting for the pot to boil

12 comments:

  1. I love 4711 but it doesn't last more than 5 minutes on me :-( The only eau de cologne I have is Clarins Eau Dynamisante. It is rather nice right after the shower... I hate hot & humid weather! Can't wait to read your thoughts on Coty Chypre. I ordered some of the vintage parfum from Surrender to Chance and am hoping it will arrive today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello qc! 4711 doesn't last too long on me (but longer than five minutes) but it IS pretty inexpensive so I don't mind too much.

      Still haven't test-drived Chypre - I have been catching up with stuff to do outside now that it is safe ie cool enough to venture out!

      Delete
  2. Ouch! I've been reading about this nasty heatwave so many perfumistas are experiencing, it sounds unpleasant. And my feelings are, if I can lament when winter in hanging on for me when everyone else is enjoying skipping-through-the-daisies spring, y'all should definitely go ahead and grumble about the heat.

    Sending cooling thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dionne - it..was..AWFUL! Thanks for the thoughts - they must have worked because since Sunday it's been nice

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the heat Carol and glad it finally broke. I'm not used to heat anymore, living in England, but I did grow up in a country where temperatures regularly got in the high thirties (celsius) and sometimes even the forties. Fortunately I lived where the humidity was very low, so heat was a little more bearable, but I can recall that stifling, hot blanket feeling and don't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year as I get older, that 'hot blanket' heat is more and more miserable for me. Thanks for the kind thoughts, my friend.

      Delete
  4. This heat is the kind of weather you can blame all SORTS of things on. (I think I may have slapped a couple of complete strangers across the face over the weekend... but I'm pretty sure they understood why. :P) As for scent, all I really wanted was glacial icewater and tons of it on my pulse points. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, I felt the same way! thankfully this week was MUCH better - phewwww! No slapping needed.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, the heat has been just awful. I have been wearing Lemon Sugar too, as well as Clean and l'Othantique Verveine. Sometimes I'll say to hell with it and wear something heavy on a really hot day...it's interesting how different that experience is than in the cold months. But for now, hurray for the colognes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ginger! Although I like the gardening of summer, I cannot stand the heat and humidity. This week so far as been truly pleasant - mid 80s with a cool breeze. Time to bring out a few heavier scents. But boy did Lemon Sugar help in that heat!

      Delete
  6. What is this word "heat" of which you speak?

    Our summer is a total washout, but I did wear Sanborn's Orange Blossom the other day in your honour!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.