Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hot fun in the summer time (on the cheap for 2012)



Well actually it's not truly summer yet if you believe that summer begins at the Summer Solstice but it has been summer if you believe it begins on May Day or June 1st,. I tend to believe that summer begins earlier esp due to the term "Midsummer" which is the date of the Summer Solstice,  but that's a whole 'nother discussion.   Here's some lovelies that I have been enjoying in the sun and warmth:

TokyoMilk Everything and Nothing - with notes of orange and tea leaves , a perfect scent for the hot weather esp since it's not a typical citrus.  Oh I do love the TokyoMilk Dark collection.  Great staying power on this baby.

Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange.  Yes, it's juicy and happy and ooh delicious!

Fresh Lemon Sugar Sugar Lemon - exactly what it says.  And oh so perfect for today's nearly 90 degree heat!

Demeter Jelly Belly Mango Pineapple Salsa - though notably synthetically smelling, this inexpensive pick-me-up is a lot of fun!

Go forth and splash!

(and see my post last year for more inexpensive scent fun!)

17 comments:

  1. For a week or more, it's rained for part of almost every single day here, which really throws me off my scent choices. With big thunderclouds overhead and torrential downpours, it is way too tempting to reach for the sort of comfort scents that should have been packed away at winter's end. You're inspiring me here to get summer started. Mother Nature can take a hint, can't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dear Mother gave us too much sun lately! Hopefully we'll get rain tomorrow. But I know what you mean needing comfort scents in the rain. Let's hope She takes the hint! ;)

      Delete
  2. Tuscan Blood Orange is one of my faves, esp. in this heat! And i too love the Tokyo Milk Dark line...mmmmm...my favorite is Bulletproof. So far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ginger - I have tried Bulletproof (yum) and own Arsenic and of course Everything and Nothing. I want to try them all!!! Now to douse myself with TBO!

      Delete
  3. I love Tuscan Blood Orange, but only the solid. :( But I'll have to try that Tokyo Milk; I love the bottles so much that I've been wanting to love one of the scents. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does the solid last longer?

      Yes, do try TokyoMilk Darks - they're amazing!!!

      Delete
    2. I don't think it lasts any longer, no. :) But it smells less sweet and less berry-fruity - to me, it smells more convincingly like orange. Also, it's my fragrance of choice when I fly, since I can carry it on without doing the Ziploc thing, and it's very low projection and unlikely to offend anyone sitting near me.

      Delete
    3. ooh more orange and less sweet - very nice!

      Delete
  4. Seasons for me start with calendar so my summer started 12 days ago.
    I need to revisit Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange. Not that I need another citrus perfume but why not to when it's easily available at one of the stores where I shop almost weekly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, so you call June 1st the beginning of Summer - that's awesome!!!

      TBO is just fun fun fun, delicious fun!!

      Delete
  5. See, you have all these brands over there that are as good as unheard of in Blighty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see I told you you need some prezzies! ;)

      Delete
    2. I walked into that one...: - )

      Delete
  6. Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange is nice and smells like summer:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rola - nice to see you here. Oh you are so right - it's perfect for this weather!

      Delete
  7. Ahhh, Tuscan Blood Orange, you already know I love it. The only Tokyomilk Dark I've tried thus far is Bittersweet, since Dee sent a sample my way, but I already got myself a decant of it. I really should invesigate it more, but I'm kind of bummed no one carries the line locally - ohh, to just walk into a store and spray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to remember to send you samples of the TMs I have - my brain is FRIED!! This heat is just too too much. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 100 degrees. It is at times like these that I lament not having a perfume fridge. Sigh

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.