Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What I have been wearing (scent-wise) and Neela Vermeire

I think everyone in the world is experiencing insane weather.  This past weekend, here it was in the 90s and very humid.

I was wearing some light fruity and flowery things -  Annick Goutal Petite Cherie was in ample rotation, and PdE Azemour, L'Artisan La Chasse aux Papillon and Guerlain Apres L'Ondee.  I also threw in Bond No. 9 Chinatown the other evening.  (and you know, I was craving Coty L'Aimant but cannot find my sample)

The son and his girlfriend were here for a few days, and we barely saw them!  They had a lot to do (visiting friends, etc), but I did get to sit down with K (the gf) for a bit to sample Neela Vermeire's Trayee, Mohur and Bombay Bling.  I had had these samples for quite some time, but wanted to experience them for the first time with K.

Color me extremely underwhelmed.  Trayee and Mohur stay super duper close to the skin, and I feel that I have to be a scientist to 'get' them.  Over time, these both blossom nicely, but still stay too close for my comfort.  Bombay Bling, on the other hand, is a bit louder and of all three is my favorite (which is weird, because I'm not a huge fan of the taste of mango).  Trayee would be my favorite IF it was louder.  But I tired of looking through a microscope.




K mentioned, after sniffing Bombay Bling, that it reminded her of the streets of her town, where people sell raw mango sprinkled with salt and chili pepper, and that made me smile.  She didn't have much to say about the other two.

Is there anything out there that smells like Trayee but louder?  And anything that smells like Bombay Bling but  less expensive?

8 comments:

  1. You need more L'Aimant? I got it right heah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehee, yeah, I'm loving it - slowly slowly edging over to the dark side! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about the scents (especially Bombay Bling), but the price point is just way too high for me (even if I got a sample and loved it there's no way I could spend $250 on a bottle of anything right now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen! So good to see you. Yeah, it's really pricey. If I didn't like it, I'd send you my sample. I really want to find something that smells similar and is way cheaper.

      Delete
  3. Well, I do have two thoughts about this, neither of which is probably terribly helpful. I still persist in thinking that Trayee has a good bit in common with Traversee du Bosphore, though TdB doesn't have the incense-y side. And I actually think (I'm going to do a side-by-side soon) that Bombay Bling and the new Aedes de Venustas are not so dissimilar - but that's no help as I think it is just as expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Natalie - I have to try TdB - I have so many L'Artisan samples but you know I haven't sniffed that one! Re: Bombay Bling, I really like the mango in it - so I'm wondering if Pacifica's Brazilian Mango Grapefruit would work. I do like the mango in Sur le Nil, but I kinda wanted something very inexpensive to bathe in!

      Delete
  4. Interesting -- on my skin Trayee is very long-lasting and has moderate silage. And is very oud-y, but in a better way than most! If it was going to be the only scent I will ever wear again, I might spring for a bottle but since I have enough for one lifetime+, I'll stick to the decant. Can't justify these hugely expensive perfumes either, no matter how great they may be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patty - well Trayee is long lasting, but hard for me to sniff, though the Moth commented when I was wearing it that he thought he noticed some myrhh on me. So perhaps this is yet another 'fume that other folks think smell marvelous on me but I cannot detect it (ala Bois de Violettes). The price the price! egads!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.