Monday, April 23, 2012

Testing testing!

I'm testing a few samples these days as I'm finally getting some energy and doing some things that need to be done around and within the house.

The east part of Ohio received SNOW yesterday - can you believe it?  Here though we had no snow, but the cold wind is a'blowing!  So I tested Sinfonia Di Note Fleur De Santal.  A warm cumin-ish (though no cumin in the notes I saw) sandalwood.  Lovely, but not to my nose beautiful, though it did make me feel cozy on a cold rainy day.

It's kind of annoying me that the weather folks are calling the snow a WINTER storm.

Anyway, due to the fact that it IS Spring, and my lilacs are blooming, I had to try Highland Lilac of Rochester. Now when I first bought this sample, I believe I bought it based on a review I read, but I had no idea this is from Rochester, New York! Not only an interesting history of the 'fume, but a true blue lilac.  Unfortunately after a while it makes me a bit headachey.. :(

Now another take on the lilac - Ineke After My Own Heart.    This is absolutely gorgeous and so feminine and bright (what is wrong with me these days - I'm so getting into florals!).  I love the depth in this one - and the lilac is nowhere near headache inducing.

I love lilacs - they were the prominent flower for our May Day wedding nearly eight years ago.

Lilac from my garden.


8 comments:

  1. I've got Highland Lilac on my TBS (to be sampled) spreadsheet, but haven't gotten to it yet. I suppose there's no rush, because I also love After My Own Heart - it was my very first purchase after falling down the rabbit hole. I like AMOH even more than En Passant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried En Passant, isn't that strange?

      Delete
  2. Carol, it snowed here too, yesterday -- all day long. Bugger! Just last week it was so warm that my next door neighbor was washing the dog outside in her bathing suit and I was thinking about joining her. (In bathing suit wearing, not dog washing). :)

    I'll leave the lilac soliflore perfumes to you. Despite loving florals, I've never wanted a lilac perfume and still don't. I do like the real thing -- having lilacs in the yard -- but it's a smell that I find I weary of after awhile. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't worn a bathing suit in umm years! You go gal.

      Hmmm, lilacs don't make me weary - I'm trying to think of something that does (smell wise).

      Always good to hear from you <3

      Delete
  3. We had giant hailstones on Sunday, if it is any consolation!

    I have still got to try that Highland Lilac, would you believe, and am not familiar with the Ineke either.

    Lilac is a funny note for me - am drawn to it, but it can be headache-inducing if I am not in the right frame of nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bonks!!! we may be getting hail tomorrow...yikes!

      Lilac and most florals can be headachey to me *except for roses - they never give me meegraine!*

      Delete
  4. I love lilacs (as flowers)! Unfortunately, they are almost nonexistent here: our winters are too mild for it to bloom in spring. To compensate that I keep looking for the perfect lilac scent. Last year I tried Highlander Lilac and liked it a lot. I still plan to buy a bottle of it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highlander is such a true lilac! I think I'll put it on again today - just to see what happens.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.