Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oh you pretty things (part two)

Here's some more mini-reviews!

Annick Goutal  Petite Cheri - adorable peachy- pear, perfect for warm weather! I just wish it had more sillage.

Chanel Coromandel - Winter wasn't long enough - I still want to wear heavier fragrances, esp Coromandel which I adore.  Thanks to Suzanne for the beautiful decant.

L'Artisan Tea for Two - Was able to get in on a split over at FFF - glad I did - I now have 5 ml of this discontinued beauty!  I love the way the ginger meshes with the tea note.  Yum!

Love & Toast  Honey Coconut.  From their website they list notes of honey, sugared vanilla, violet and sandalwood.  I had never heard of this company before Olenska sent me this sample.  I see that Margot Elena does both this line and TokyoMilk! (And I love everything I have experienced in TM Dark).    I'm not big on honey in my perfume, but if you are, definitely try this out, and the line.  I need to re-test after re-reading Olenska's post (highlighted above).

Plus the bottles are too too sweet!


13 comments:

  1. I just discovered FFF, and I'm pretty sure my decant number is going to start going up quickly.

    Love the mini-reviews! (And totally agree with you about Coromandel.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dionne! Oh I know re: FFF - that place is dangerous (n a good way ;)

      Delete
  2. I don't know what FFF is? But I too like Coromandel. Tea for Two - never really tried it properly and now it is discontinued. Damn..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, it's the Facebook Fragrance Friends group that you are/were a part of!

      Delete
    2. Ah,ok.... Now I feel stoopid!

      Delete
  3. FFF is Facebook Fragrance Friends or something similar? A group on FB anyway. I had to ask a while back!

    That Honey Coconut bottle is a work of art. Would make a pretty curtain fabric for a child's bedroom. Or mine, dammit. : - )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I should not have abbreviated it!

      Hello Bonks - those bottles are darling - I want them all!

      Delete
  4. Honey Coconut turned into a horrid chemistry experience on my skin. I was SO disappointed. Now Coromandel on the other hand... that's one of my One True Loves. What? I can have more than one... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when that happens - HC actually smelled quite nice the whole way through, but because of the honey, it's not my thing.
      hehee, yes you can have more than one! ;)

      Delete
  5. What is the concentration of the Petite Cherie that you've tried? Do you have a dab or a spray sample?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey darling! I'm not sure - I had two samples and I put them in a small decant sprayer. Probably the edt

      Delete
    2. You just have to try it in EdP! I'll send you some in the next care package (this is one of my favorite perfumes, so I'm trying to spread love :) ).

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.