Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nearly a week of scents

I most definitely need to post more!  Anyway....here we go!

Monday:  err, nothing. Well that's not exactly true.  I accidentally spilt a sample of Mugler Womanity on myself, and I was totally intrigued - there was something there that interested me as I wrote before.  Now to find my other sample and do another test.

Tuesday:  Lubin Inedite - I really really like this and am almost done with my sample. Do I like it enough to cough up the huge expense for a full bottle (if I could even FIND a full bottle - neither TPC nor Luckyscent carries it)?  Um, nope; unless I win the lottery but alas I do not play the lottery!

Wednesday:  Lidl Suddenly Madame Glamour - as Bonks said here, it does smell  like Coco Mlle but I didn't do a side-by-side blind test.  I like it, though it is a bit light and light usually ain't my thing. But I'm all about inexpensive and good perfume, so if you, dearest reader, have a chance to pick some up, please do so.

Thursday: Brandy by Brandy.  From their website " We think it is the suggestion of distant fields, rolling aromatic meadows, apple and peach top notes, and herbaceous heart notes that account for the appeal of this pleasing scent. Just one mist from the handsome eau de toilette spray bottle has the ability to erase stress and turmoil, and transport the most jaded urban dweller to verdant countryside for a reviving and cleansing visit"    I don't get any of this.  It fades quickly, is close to the skin and I mostly get the apple and peach notes. Had to use the entire sample, too.   I guess I am not of the horsey set. Has anyone tried and/or reviewed this?

Been busy with work, per usual, and also the upcoming holidays.  Hoping everyone is stress-less and having a fun perfumed season! (the photo is from a holiday past - we haven't even started holiday decorating!)

8 comments:

  1. I'm definitely having a fun perfumed season. I am finally beginning to feel "in the spirit" of Christmas. I hope it's a good holiday for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Nutcracker battalion - love it! Came home from my night shift @ the library to find the tree up & ready to be decorated, courtesy of my spouse. The holiday mood has begun to stir.... may yours be bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. APB, for some reason, the holidays are getting me perfume-inspired again! And THAT is a very good thing!

    Olenska, what a wonderful surprise to come home to!! We'll be decorating the outside of our home tomorrow. Let's the holidays arrive - we're getting ready!

    I started collecting nutcrackers when my son was little - one a year - but then we ran out of room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a look today on the Luckyscent website and see that they indeed don't have Inedite. Strange, as they have the latest masculines like Itasca, etc. When I sampled them a few months ago Inedite was my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect nutcrackers too. I love them.

    (Had to stop my mother from giving me nutcracker shower curtains, nutcracker rugs, nutcracker trashcans...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael I was very surprised, too! I recieved my sample from you - thanks so much.

    Mals, hahaa, I know what you mean. I collect angels and my mom has gifted me SOO many angel ornaments I could decorate another tree with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from the chilly Czech Republic and thanks for the Lidl link. : - ) SMG (or Sub Machine Gun, as it pleases one of my readers to call it) is super light, but still excellent value at a fifteenth of the price of Coco Mlle! You can afford to splash it about for sure.

    Would you believe, I have tried Brandy, was as bemused by it as you, and promptly swapped it on. I agree about the apple and peach, though the memory is admittedly rather distant!

    Happy Christmas to you - card en route...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome my dearest! I received your card - thank you!!!! Glad that I'm not alone in my confusion re: Brandy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.