Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanks and giving

Again, I am so thankful for the generosity of perfume bloggers and lovers out in the interwebs!  What a wonderful community we're a part of!

Does anyone know about the artist Katwise?  I'm enthralled with her work, and have tried many times to purchase one of her shorter sweater coats on etsy.com but always miss out! waaaaaa!

Well I actually emailed her to ask her what her favorite scents are because in one of her FB posts she mentioned the scent of the sweaters she uses to create her coats after she has washed them. I hoped that I didn't sound like some creepy stalker!

She graciously replied and told me vanilla, amber and lavender, and then went on to tell a funny story about her being drenched in vanilla at college.

I asked her if it was okay if I could send her some samples to sniff.

So these are what I sent:

Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve - absolutely gorgeous (I believe I got my sample from Michael).  I haven't been this excited about a perfume in a long long time.  Will save my pennies for a good size decant and this stuff I need for myself.  Yes NEED!

LaVanila Vanilla Passion Fruit - not my thing, but since Kat likes vanilla, perhaps she'll enjoy it. I picked it up at Sephora a while back.

Ava Lux Creme Brulee - I'm not a gourmandy person, but this is very well done and yes, smells exactly what it is named!  Another gift from a fume blogger (B, perhaps!?) !

Roget & Gallet Eau de Gingembre - well it is becoming holiday season, and I thought that I should spread the wealth as Olenska had gifted me a nice size bottle of it!

Parfumerie Generale Felanilla - I don't quite get it but it is intriguing.  I probably should have kept some of that sample to re-sniff at a later time.

Le Labo Labdanum 18 - dearest Bonks gave me a large sample of this when we met last spring,so I spritzed some in a little sample for Kat.  I ADORE it, plus it reminds me of Bonks everytime I wear it and that makes me smile.

My beloved Miller Harris L'Air de Rien  - you know it's funny - I think of myself as a incense and rose person, but LdR is all about amber and vanilla - whaddya know?

I made her a string of pennants to 'cover up' the samples in the mail!

9 comments:

  1. Strangely, I wore both L'Air de Rien and Labdanum 18 within the last week. Felanilla has never quite hit the spot for me. Have never tried R&G Gingembre but love the DSH one - have you ever tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the DSH one (yet). BTW, are you enjoying LdR more these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Katwise too. I hope one day you get a chance to buy one of her sweaters. She sells out fast, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need a super-fast computer to purchase one of hers!! Have you been able to get one of hers!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A-ha... It looks like you're trying to spread our obsess... (strike that) hobby... :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore L'Ombre Fauve! Something tells me my decant isn't going to last so long -- it doesn't smell like anything else. Maybe castoreum? I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Undina, I guess I did! ;)

    Olfacta, it IS amazing and something like nothing I have sniffed before. MUST GET SOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gesture to send samples to Katwise, and with the added bonus of mail person-foxing pennant wrapping!

    I am a fan of Felanilla and L'Ombre Fauve - those two and Damien Bash Lucifer 3 have a kind of "dangerous furry animal" quality to them. Actually, so does Labdanum 18 come to think of it and I am very happy to be associated with it in your mind. You must come back to me for a top up, to ensure you will always remember our great weekend! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Bonks!! I had a feeling you'd 'get' Felanilla! I'm totally jonesing for some L'Ombre Fauve - going to treat myself to some as soon as I can. "dangerous furry animal" indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.