Monday, October 31, 2011

am a little tired...(not truly a perfume post, so you can ignore this if you want!)

...of perfume these days, as you might have noticed given that I haven't posted in like forever!

With everything going on within and without, it's difficult for me to focus on perfume sampling.  And wearing.  I believe in the last three weeks, I have only worn perfume twice.

Oh have a lot to sample, thanks mostly to so many of you wonderful fumie pals out there.  I did bring a couple of samples with me today to (re)sniff : Lolita Lempicka, PG Felanilla and Balenciaga Paris.


But with depression and recession and political mean-ness and fighting, negativeness toward OWS and foreclosures and unemployment, and so much affecting people I know, and my son being gone, I'm just tired and sad and have been hiding in my little house, knitting, watching silly movies, working in the yard, and making pennants.  How can I talk about perfume - an expensive art - when so many people are needing the staples of life?  Sometimes I think too much.  Sometimes I'm hyper-sensitive.  

This is kinda where I have been lately.... (I love her blog)

I am happy that it's Halloween/Samhain.  The wheel is turning, and my mood is lifting. The Moth has been wonderfully warm and helpful. Thank the universe!  And thanks for sticking by me, my dear readers.

9 comments:

  1. Frida, thinking of you. That wheel turns, trust me, as difficult as it may seem sometimes. I hope you find your way back to health and happiness, and on the way, fume happiness too! Regards, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much thanks to you, Michael. Day by day my mood is lifting so hopefully a perfume post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bloody Frida,

    I have been wondering how you were and hoping you were just in a blogging lull rather than anything more untoward. I don't think the clocks going back helps people's moods a whole lot either, and I know what you mean about the recession - that is a worry of mine too, as companies only tend to need freelancers when times are good.

    So anyway, all the best from across the pond - ride the phase out and you will at least have some nice pennants and a tidy garden to show for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bonks - thanks for the kind and understanding words. Yep, I do have some nice pennants but my yard still needs more tidying, but isn't that the way gardens are?

    Best to you with everything xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to your blog Frida and I think Vanessa is right. Ride it out, do the things you want to do, watch all the silly movies you want enjoy pottering your garden and making your pennants. Sometimes we just need to step back and take a breather. - silly movie review post perhaps? -
    Above all else be kind to yourself.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello and welcome Deb! I truly appreciate your kind thoughts - it was SO nice to take a few weeks off of work - did me a world of good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late to comment, but just wanted to say I was glad to see a few posts, and I hope you are (as Vanessa said) riding it out. Empathy is a good thing, but can be a tough burden to carry. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely comment, APB - I truly appreciate it. It's all about changing the way I live, I believe - trying to keep healthy and exercising does push the blues away, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does help doesn't it? I am guilty of forgetting that when I get stressed. I tend to want to eat ice cream and sit around frowning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.