Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy things: Quelques Fleurs L'Original (Houbigant) and Roger & Gallet Eau de Gingembre



The sample I have of Quelque Fleurs L'Original  is from Olfactoria's Travels (I think!).  I didn't sample it for awhile, mostly because I thought 'oh another silly floral.'    I should have pulled this one out earlier in the summer!

My Perfumed Life has a great review and here is a link to Basenotes.

This sweet creature delights me.  It has been compared to my lovely La Chasse aux Papillons, and although I can see the resemblance, I can also see having both! Of course, I'm shocking myself here.

The notes to QFLO I found at Fragrantica. - a VERY long list, btw.

Another fragrance that keeps me smiling is Eau de Gingembre.   Olenska remembered that I was on the hunt for a ginger perfume awhile back, and recently sent me a full bottle of it!!  It is refreshing and snazzy and all around wonderful. It has been categorized as a 'cologne water' which means the staying power isn't long and it's a light scent, but happily for me I have a lot to drench myself in!   Notes are difficult to find - but I saw a few listings, so I'll put them together: ginger, bergamot, citrus, musk.    And people like it on me, well, one person -  I was at the store the other day and the guy behind me in line said "You smell great!"  ;)

(Thanks to my fellow bloggers for sharing with me so generously!)

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! My reaction to spying it was basically "Ginger? Frida!! GRAB!!!!" :D And when total strangers are irresistibly compelled to tell you that you smell good = epic win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, my friend!! Oh and that guy behind me - he was half in the bag, but I'll take any compliments from soused to sober folks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up. :D (

    Did I ever tell you about the Gin Fizz Lady? She came to my perfume seminar this past spring and demanded that I hand over any Lubin Gin Fizz I had because she wore it to "get lucky" in college 50 years ago. I had none, but suggested she contact The Perfumed Court. It quickly became apparent that Gin Fizz was also her favorite drink, as she "forgot" this info several times over the months to follow. The last I heard, she was obsessively crank-calling Lubin House sorority at Syracuse University, insisting that they "send her some more of their fabulous perfume".

    @__@

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought some Ginger Water online inspired by your post - although I long for real fall weather, I know that ginger and bergamot will come in handy many times in the coming months as a much needed refreshment. Can't wait to try it. It was really a coincidence - a Danish blogger who sells from her stash had some Ginger Water for sale today, and some hours later read this post. I can take a hint ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Meg! That is hilariously sad!! That'll be me in a few years! hahaaaa

    Marie, I cannot wait to hear what you think of it - isn't it neat when the universe sends you little messages!? (and glad to see you here! xox)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall be testing this R & G in our local department stores when I get home - it has quite a selection, and I want people to say I smell great too! It is so rare that anyone comments at all - it is usually Mr B telling me to leave the room... : - )

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh please do! and I think I'm gonna buy a clothes pin for Mr. B's nose for his next birthday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gingembre (so glad I don't have to pronounce that) was waiting for me when I came home from work today - literally waiting on my doorstep. My mail man is a practical person who can't be bothered with the whole bureacracy of taking my parcels back to the post office when I'm not home to receive them - not entirely comme il faut, but so far it's working out for both of us.

    I know exactly why people tell you that you smell good when you wear this (also when you wear this :-) - it's arm sniffingly and immediately likeable! In fact, it's what I had hoped Dior Escale a Portofino would have been this summer, but that one turned out too herbal even on only moderately hot and humid summer days, so I'm saving it for the fall.

    Gingembre has that cologney feel that is so refreshing and a bit of sweetness to make it a mood enhancer as well.

    Instantly likeable - I like that :-)

    I don't get many compliments, either, Vanessa, but I've gotten more in the past few months than in my entire fragrance life - and all thanks to you: Miller Harris Fleurs de Bois, Ormonde Jayne Tiare and Agent Provocateur l'Agent. So there, Mr. B.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.