Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Midsummer's Night Dream perfume event - Eva Luna by Providence Perfume Co.

Thanks to Amanda Feeley for this amazing scent event!!  I am totally honored and excited to be one of the fortunate 'sniffers'.

The other day, I sat down to watch the 1968 movie version of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream."  Being swept into that vision of the play, I was enamored by the colors and scents (yes, I could just imagine the scents!) of that production.  What an amazing cast!!!!  And to see Titania portrayed by Judi Dench with such sweetness, strength and darling.

I received Charna Ethier (Providence Perfume Co.)'s Eva Luna. This fragrance is absolutely spot on for this occasion.  I am again transported to that lush and vibrant forest, full of love and tears and laughter and passion.


This perfume is sexy and strong  and innocent all at the same time.  Just like Dench's portrayal of Titania.


Eva Luna consists of russian carrot, mimosa, fresh mint, rosewood, tuberose, frangipani, jasmine grandiflorum, french violet leaf, orris, oman frankincense and ambrette.  I love the carrot opening, and the frangipani comes on strongly but don't worry, it's just Titania being a wee bit naughty!

Please excuse me while I douse myself in Eva Luna and run out naked (figuratively) under the moonlight!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're under Charna's spell, Carol!

    Another lovely perfume by these Midsummer Night's Dream participants!

    Thank you so much for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome and THANK YOU for having me. BTW, I didn't link to all the other blogs - you want me to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carol. I'm so pleased you liked my Midsummer Night's Eve perfume, Eva Luna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charna, it is delightful!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an intriguing list of notes - not things you necessarily think might end up in a perfume together. But if a liberal dousing could make me look anything like Dench's Titania in the chestage department, it sound like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charna's perfumes are beautiful. All the essences used are lovely and some of my favorites. I want to try this for the carrot alone.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a list of notes! Sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.