Friday, June 3, 2011

A few scents I have tried recently and thank you!

Serge Lutens La Myrrhe - Another sample from Olenka.   This sly devil - I thought it was gone from my skin, but oh no no no - it came back in little teasing wafts!  Here's a review by Mals.

Isabella Rossellini Daring:  And speaking of Mals, the other day, she talked about finding perfume on the cheap and she mentioned Overstock.com.  Now I am a huge fan of that site, so I scooped up this inexpensive treasure. Coriander, jasmine, peony, apple, honey, musk, sandalwood, myrrh.  I just wish it had more punch - it's not as daring as I would like it to be, yet I'll be wearing this a lot this summer.


Also got Brosseau's Fleurs d'Ombre Rose since I love the original so much!  I cannot find when this was launched, but it is a fruity floral.  Not that bad, not that great, but it will be okay for summertime.  I did find the notes on the Brosseau website:  Bergamot, grapefruit, tangerine, orange, rose, jasmine, peach, freesia, vetiver, amber, musk, etc etc (there is  LOT of notes in this baby!).  I think my niece would like this - I'll send her a large sample.

I also wanted to add a big THANK YOU to all my followers - I truly appreciate you all!

5 comments:

  1. Frida I struggle with Myrrh as a perfume note, but I've only tried the SL one in a wax form, which is not entirely representative of the actual perfume. I like the idea of this website you mention - I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally tried La Myrrhe this week, after wanting to since December. It smells horrible on me! It can't be the fragrance, it's got to be me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michael: Do you struggle with myrrh because it smells 'odd' to you on your skin (like JoanElaine mentioned)? Or do you just not like it much at all?

    JE, do other scents with myrrh do the same thing to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frida, myrrh does smell a little weird to me. It's not that I hate it, but I don't quite like the smell either. It's strange. There's almost a sour, slight dankness about it that verges on repulsive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm, I'll try to sniff a single myrrh and see what I sniff! And also, do a re-do of La Myrrh!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.