Monday, May 9, 2011

Semi-mindless dribble: Madison Square Park, Boudoir, Sacre Coeur

Sorry the lame nature of this post - it's just that I have so much to do these days, and I wanted to note these for my future self.  Or my self self.  Oh I am so confused !

Bond No. 9 Madison Square Park.  The BEST reason to purchase a full bottle of any Bond No. 9 is that they send you very generous free samples of their new releases!  Madison Square Park is a pretty fruity floral, yet it does have this really cool green-ness at first blush (oh I like grass in my scent).  I quite agree with Scentsate says about it here , and also Bois de Jasmin (though I must admit I like this better than Cartier de Lune basically because MSP's dry-down is more intriguing)

Vivienne Westwood Boudoir.  Hehee, I like this.  Not sure enough to purchase a full bottle, but it's fun and a little bit dirty. And you know how I like those dirty pretty things.

Ego Factor Sacre Coeur.  Why did I order this sample?  It is a nice enough fragrance, a trifle bit too masculine for me (gosh I HATE when I say that, but what I mean is it smells too 'cologne-y'.)  But it did kinda remind me slightly of PdN Le Temps d'un Fete.

(two of my dirty pretty things - Pekin ducklings Patsy and Eddy)

12 comments:

  1. Boudoir is one of my all-time faves, but sadly, it's becoming rather scarce. I've been able to find bottles on Amazon from 3rd party sellers at a decent price, so I'm trying to stock up now and prepare for the worst. There's nothing else quite like it, the skank is perfectly balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frida of these you mention I have only tried Sacre Coeur, which was disappointing to me, particularly the first half. It smelled a bit generically masculine to me. I have a sample of MSP but haven't tried it yet.

    PS - are Patsy and Eddy named after any pop stars by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, I agree - Boudoir is a winner! I'll have to keep a look out for it, as I only have a very small sample from TPC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, I'm happy to hear that you had a similar reaction to SC. I'll be interested to see what you have to say about MSP, esp if you dig the dry down.

    And, my ducks are named after the Absolutely Fabulous ladies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bloody F!

    Mindless dribble - not at all...

    I just caught up with Cartier de Lune at the weekend and liked it very much, so I might enjoy this Bond one even more by the sound of things. Boudoir was a no-no due to the civet, though it gets special commendation for pyrotechnics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonks, I can so totally understand you liking de Lune. As I have said before, I wish I had your delicate nose!

    Ah yes, you and civet - not a good pairing indeed!

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Likewise! Yes, Cartier de Lune was very "me".

    : - )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfume and ducks - two of my favorite things!
    Are you have a hard time keeping Patsy off the Stoli/Chanel No.5?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My younger sister is a huge fan of Boudoir ( not my taste) so she keeps an eye out for any signs it is becoming less available. At the moment we don't think so as it's Ms Westwood's classic .It smells great at first then becomes a scrubber .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh... Patsy and Eddy are so cute! Do you think they would like the Madison Square Park grassy scent? hee, hee

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.