Monday, May 2, 2011

Fuzzy Blue Blanket

About a year ago, I read THIS article by Monica Skye Miller about a perfume she had made for Nina Simone, and that her Fuzzy Blue Blanket is similar to that scent.



Of course I had to order a sample as I adore Nina Simone.  On her Perfume Pharmer blog Monica Skye Miller details the notes of this wonderful elixir as follows:  "top notes - Martha’s Vineyard Linden Blossoms, Blue Chamomile, White Roses: heart notes -Coffee Flowers, Musk Roses, Rhododendron; base notes-Antique Musk Tincture, Ambergris, Costa Rican Jungle Grown Biodynamic Vanilla, Iris Root, Violet Leaves."


To me, it is not a summer scent - it's perfect for this rainy spring we have been having for months.  The beautiful way the florals interact with the heavier scents of coffee, vanilla and musk have a magical way of keeping this from being too heavy.  On initial sniff, FBB made me think of " head-shop ", but on my skin,  the florals lift it up to being much much more.


Today, I brought a sample to my friend Shelle - in the course of transferring, I spilled most of my larger sample - now I must purchase a bottle!  In the meantime, my bedroom smells fantastic!


Has anyone else tried this?!


A review from BitterGrace Notes

13 comments:

  1. Frida, I haven't, but you could transfer some of that rain across the pond to the UK. We haven't had any rain, at least in my neck of the woods, since March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael - I would gladly send you some - in the month of April, we broke a 50-year record! Sigh, I'm tired of it...soooo tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scent's a new one on me, but it does indeed sound perfect for the rainy spring you're having - which in itself is not perfect at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lord, that is a compelling combination of scent elements. Chamomile and coffee? Antique musk and ambergris? *eyes glazing over in perfume lust*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds perfect...I am struggling with "Spring-y" fragrances (I'll be posting about that later) and I need scents with a warm base.

    I need a Fuzzy Blue Blanket to keep me warm until Summer comes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ladies and Gentlemen <3 fbb is designed to comfort..when life is just tooooo much <3 thank you for the review :) ~ XOXO Monica Skye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonks, it may be to much for you (I think I kinda know what you like!) Megan, you will LOVE this!!! JE, I so want to hear what you think about this lovely scent. Monica, thank you SO much for stopping by - your creation is gorgeous!!! THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds lovely . I have half an ounce of coffee flower absolute - it is rare and expensive and verrry fruity/indolic . I'm sure there is no scent of brewed coffee in her fragrance , but the coffee flower is supremely exotic and would be lovely with rose and iris !

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much Carol for this information! There's a hint of chocolate I sense, but have no idea where it is coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some rain for me too ! I adore Nina so might have to order some of this .

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds too lovely for words! I'm afraid to order a sample, because if I end up loving it the taxes and fees involved in ordering from across the Atlantic will bring my fun-and-luxury budget to its knees for months. Talk about a luxury problem. But just readling the notes in FBB makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Marie - FBB makes me smile too - thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love the name. Sadly, I dislike too much of the notes list. :( But I'm temped to hunt out a sample anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.