Monday, January 24, 2011

Understated confidence - Chanel Cuir de Russie



This morning, I needed to gain some confidence.  I was attending a meeting and one of the participants is someone who doesn't like me for some reason.

So I grabbed Chanel Cuir de Russie (a very large decant was given to me by my perfume sniffing pal FF - thank you!!!)

I spent extra time getting ready for work this morning - making sure my hair was done (pulled out the old straightener wand!), applying makeup (not just my normal lip color) and wore my best work clothes.

The meeting went very well - I met and chatted with another participant, a new employee where I work, and was at ease when said-me-disliker walked in the room.

Cuir de Russie doesn't knock you over the head (or should I say kick you in the shin).  It's a wonderful warm, slightly sweet leather that helps me square up my shoulders and lift my chin.  It's more beautiful well-worn leather gloves than motorcycle boot.  It's understated, confident and gorgeous.

Notes from Chanel.com : Albanian Birchwood, Jasmine, Oriental Rose, Ylang-Ylang,Tunisian Orange Blossom, Calabrian Bergamot and Sicilian Mandarin.

Reviews from Angela at NST , from Perfume Shrine, and from Chicken Freak

10 comments:

  1. Good for you Frida. Glad it went well and that Cuir de Russie gave you that added confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Cuir de Russie, and agree wholeheartedly with you that it possesses the uncanny ability to lift the wearer's chin to proud and confident levels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chanel. The ultimate in scent and class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Michael. I'm normally not nervous at all about people - but when someone has it in for me and nothing I seem to do can fix it, that does unnerve me.

    Olenska - yay! so happy you feel the same way.

    Julie,oh yes! I'm learning to love #5; and #19 and CdR are winners! (nice to see you, my dear!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That'S it then my next Chanel .I was pretty certain anyhow but now it's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found the scent that was a perfect fit for your potentially tricky meeting!

    The image that sprang to my mind when I first tested this was of petals strewn on the creamy leather seats of a Bentley - one of those white ones they use as wedding cars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I could be of help, Angela!

    ooh beautiful image Bonks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It definitely was! thanks Olfacta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need a bottle of this. Why do I keep pushing it to the bottom of my "to buy" list? I need a confident perfume!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.