Friday, December 3, 2010

what nearly a year of blogging about perfume did to me

I have been learning so much;with research and samples and my pal FF and all the other blogs and venues I read (thank you!)  and it's a continual and wonderful voyage.

But mostly *GASP* I'm drooling over perfumes with ALDEHYDES in them.  Yes, you read correctly.  Can you believe I'm saying that!?

Your little Bloody Frida is growing (up)! ;)




EDIT:  I am not saying that one has to enjoy aldehydes to be 'growing/grown up'  What I am saying is that I am going to sit with aldehydes for a while and not have my usual knee-jerk reaction to them; I still may end up not liking the big A after all or in all juice.  We shall see!


10 comments:

  1. This, (Chanel) is what i've been wearing, but I am yearning for a bottle of Arpege, by Lanvin I'm on a mission. I wonder if it has Aldehydes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm frightened. Is perfume a plot by space aliens to gradually addict us to aldehydes? Should I stop before I also get to this point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D
    Huh, I'm lucky this hasn't happened to me, but I noticed lately a need to smell and wear green chypres... Where in the world did that come from?! I thought I will never go down that road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julie! yes Arpege also has aldehydes
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Lanvin/Arpege-6.html

    I see that you can find it on-line pretty easily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I hope I get there. If you're starting to like aldehydes, and you've tried No.5 and Arpege already, try The Party in Manhattan, it's the bees knees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CF hahaaa, yes, it's the space aliens! \

    I'm not sure all juice with the Big A in it will thrill me; I am just trying not to dismiss scents until I give them a thorough sit-with.

    Ines, isn't it interesting what we learn about ourselves during this journey!?

    kj, will definitely try TPiM...thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you found Le Dix yet? It is one of my fave fizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. not yet! I have a huge list and am waiting for my checkbook to grow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you big Aldehyde Babies! C'mon in, the bubbly's fine! I've got some vintage 22 that'll blow that sinus infection right the heck out, F!

    xoxoxo Musette, aka AldehydeFreakoftheUniverse

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehee Musette!!! No wonder I didn't like 22 so much - but there was something about it that intrigued me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.