Saturday, December 18, 2010

Solstice Party!

Although I'm still ill w/sinus infection and bronchitis, the Moth and I are traveling across town to visit my dearest friend D as she's having her annual Solstice party tonight (although it's not the Solstice, yet - but it IS the weekend!).  I did ask her if it was okay for me to attend; I am taking antibiotics so I don't think I'm infectious.  There will be much fun and food and conversation!

I love this holiday.  When my son was younger, I would always gift him a Solstice gift on the special night.

I cannot wait for the bonfire where we write our wishes/thanks/dreams on a piece of paper and throw it in the fire to the heavens.

The Moth is making his delightful pecan pie to bring to the party.  I'm bringing smelly things - incense and perfume and candles.

I'll be doing the Avignon v. Cardinal throw down this evening - wondering what other folks will say about them, too!?  Should be fun.

Oh, and I actually fussed with my hair today!  Wow, those electrical gadgets DO work.

(photo of some our holiday decoration in 2007; note the bottle of L'Aromarine)

12 comments:

  1. Solstice party sounds lovely. Hope it's a fun evening. What electrical gadget did you use on your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess!umm, the gadget is called a flat iron hair styler! I'm so proud of myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a lovely time! Just as it is for you, the Solstice is special for me, partly for its own sake, and partly because my son was born on the Solstice.

    I'm very impressed with the flat iron! I've never been able to figure those out...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh tarl, that's so cool re: your son's birthday. It took me yEARS to figure out the flat iron - I am so proud! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better soon Frida. For perfume lovers (and others too of course) there is nothing worse than sinus problems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Michael - I'm still feel like crap; so my throw-down has to wait a few days as I can hardly smell anything :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the solstice too! Very powerful time. This is very interesting - a blog about perfume! Cool! Two years ago I discovered Portofino by Christian Dior - have you ever heard of it? They were selling it, of all places, at Epcot Center at Disney World. I fell in love with it but didn't buy any and I haven't been able to find it anywhere since! Well, that's my story about perfume. Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Marie! Thanks for stopping by! Here's a link to where you can get some of that perfume -http://tinyurl.com/2ddt8jj
    I have heard of it but haven't sample it yet. And also here is a link to a review about it http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/2008/06/escale-portofin.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, thanks! Wow... it was a lot cheaper at Epcot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ;) you may just want to google it and see if anywhere else is cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey BF, I do hope you are better soon! I had some strange sinus symptoms in LA, but put it down to the smog. I certainly didn't have anything as bad as you - bronchitis is nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Bonks - feeling better day by day - hoping you are well!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.