Sunday, October 24, 2010

Five by TokyoMilk

The five are tested are Sparrow (Neroli & Citrus, Crisp Greens, Gardenia & Rosewood), Poe's Tobacco  (Tobac, Tea Leaves, Amberwood & Autumn Apple), Gin and Rosewater ( Citrus Zest, Rosewood, Mimosa & Mandarin) , Lapsang Su Chang (Winter Moss, Asuka Rose, Sandalwood, Black Currant), and French Kiss (Mandarin, Tuberose, Gardenia & Vetiver) (notes and photo from their website) 


What initially drew me to purchase some samples is that their bottles are so darned adorable!! 

GandR faded on my skin within 15 minutes. The rest of them some blossoming over a course of an hour.

I must say LSC had the most intriguing scent at the get-go. But FK started getting a little 'dirty' there for awhile...yay! PT deepened a bit. Sparrow sweetened a bit.

For the price ($28.00 for 1 ounce) it's not bad.  I would suggest these for older teens who are not quite ready for more heady or intense perfume, but who are interested in something outside the box.  They're 'light' and not extremely complex, but at the same time not typical and somewhat intriguing.  But also any one of any age could do well to spritz some on as they are something to cheer one up on a dreary day and they're not overwhelming or expensive.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that bottle is so cute!! My surname may be derived from the French word for "sparrow" (muisson), so I feel I ought to try it!

    I have only tried Cherry Bomb? from the line and that was a little bit girly - but as you say, probably spot on for older teens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to get a sniff of Tokyo Milk's Eden No.3 scent. Apparently, it has nice green notes and I am on the hunt for cheap thrills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I got my samples from theperfumedcourt. Bonks, if you do try your namesake, I'd love to hear what you have to say bout it. Hello JoanElaine! Glad you posted - I'm interested to see if you do try Eden No.3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep running into these perfumes, but nobody ever has Poe's Tobacco, and that's the one I want. Hmph. They are so adorable, though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.