Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bond No. 9 "Washington Square"




Because I filled out that VIP card when I bought that bottle of Chelsea Flowers earlier this year, I got a free very generous sample of Washington Square.  I wore it Sunday and then Monday at work (today I'm actually wearing Miller Harris Fleur Oriental).  A colleague W. here at work spritzed some on, too and raved about WS.

It actually is quite nice.  From Basenotes"Washington Square - named for Washington Square Park, and featuring notes of bergamot, geranium, tarragon, purple rose, honey, vintage amber, leather accord, vetiver and musk."

The rose, bergamot and tarragon are splendid, and thankfully there isn't (to my nose) much honey.

During the drydown, Washington Square get a little soapy for an instant, but then the leather comes up, pleasantly (i.e., not in your face).   On my skin the fragrance gives up the ghost by afternoon as I have to re-apply.

I love the actual Washington Square in NYC, and have to say that I give a small thumbs up to the scent.

Coming up next post:  Tokyo Milk reviews!

2 comments:

  1. 'A small thumbs up.' I like that! I'm still waiting to try a Bond that gets the Big Thumbs Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Josephine said! : - )

    That's a lovely illustration of it...I will try this the next time I am in Bond No 9 country.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.