Tuesday, May 18, 2010

that SOTD thing


Monday:  Fresh Cannibis Rose.  Kinda a melding of Agent Provocateur (without the provocative-ness) and BBW Sandalwood Rose.  There's a nice greeness in the drydown.  I won't purchase a bottle because I have enough roses that I adore, but this is a nice one, for sure.

Oh! I have never commented about my love for Agent Provocateur.  Well it's all Katie Puckrick's fault.  I watched a video she did, and I thought "hmmm, that sounds right up my alley" and it is!   I am very fond of that high sharp squealing rose that is featured in AP and Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie.  Love it love it love it.  Cannabis Rose has that sharp rose, too.  Wonderful!  But, using KP's terminology, I don't need to go more horizontal in my rose collection at this point.

Tuesday: Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'eau.  I truly love this scent.  I think it's my Ophelia.  Sharp green-ness then a lovely rose.   Right after a spring rain.  This fragrance stays with me for some time, though by mid-afternoon I did have to re-apply.

Wednesday:  Diptyque Jardin Clos.  First up, it's really fresh and beautiful.  But it faded two hours later. And I really slathered it on, too. Sigh.  I should test it against Chelsea Flowers and see what I think.

Thursday:  Annick Goutal Le Chevrefeuille.  I really enjoy the tart bitterness at first blush, and like Eau de Camille, it is full of honeysuckle, which I like.  But as NST states in this review, the lasting quality IS very poor.  Darn it! That is my problem w/both LC and EdC.  Here it is,  only 1:30 p.m., and I have used up my entire sample already.

Friday:  Donna Karan Gold.  A very pleasant fragrance.  Notes of Acacia, Casablanca Lily, Gold Pollen, White Clove, Golden Balsams, Fluid Amber Patchoul, Jasmine Templar.  Yes, it's pleasant, it's very pretty, but not something I want to purchase.


(photo of cow jumping over the moon windchimes by me - last year in the garden.  It's my favourite nursery rhyme and has no reference to any of these scent, I just like the photo!)

2 comments:

  1. Won't be buying Donna Karan then...I think her pocket book won't hurt too much! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I don't think so, either. Do try the L'Ombre dans L'eau if you can!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.