Friday, May 14, 2010

Opium Fleur Imperiale


This week, a dear friend of mine was rushed into the hospital because she has two brain aneurysms (she is doing quite well now, though will be in the hospital for a few weeks and will have to have a third surgery soon). Coming home from the hospital on Tuesday,  we weren't sure about her recovery- it was touch and go - so I stopped by a mall because I had to get my mind off of serious things.

I ended up buying some Opium Fleur Imperiale.  I'm really enjoying it - it's Opium Lite - and good for this type of weather.  Here's the notes from fragrancenet.com  "Neroli, Tangerine, Apricot Blossom, Bergamot, Vanilla, Carnation, Myrrh, Osmanthus, Amber, Fresh Jasmine, Patchouli"

While I was at the mall I also quick sniffed Armani's Acqua di Gio, and I kept coming back to it but not enough to want to buy it at this point (mostly because I'm totally broke!).  I also re-tested SJP's Lovely, and I was quite taken with it.  The next perfume purchase just may be a bottle of Lovely.  I was actually wearing Covet that day, btw.

Now that Rose the cat peed on my knitting, and work has slowed down, I guess this means I'll be back testing more samples!



8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope she gets better soon.

    Pleased that you're wearing Covet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BF, Yes, hope your friend will be on the mend soon. I love Opium Fleur de Shanghai and Poesie de Chine and I understand this is similar though I haven't tried it.

    Can your knitting be saved? What is up with Rose? Is she disturbed in some way?

    I like Lovely too, and Covet is also interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SS and Bonkers - thanks for the kind words regarding A - she's not taking visitors yet, but seems to be stable.

    Rose always had a bit of a pee-on-stuff problem - plus she's 13 or 14 years old now, and if she doesn't get her way, she like to let me know about it...sigh.

    Tonight I'm testing two incense samples...more tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naughty rose!!! I hope your friends heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked Lovely. As a guy, I find I can wear this quite easily and I know there are some others who feel the same way, if you can get over the feminine bottle. A nice little musky number!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Missy - I hope she does too.

    Hello Michael!! Nice to see you. Have you ever worn Agent Provocateur? I'm asking because it's my SOTD and other than APs intense rose, I find it in a similar category as Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your friend recovers quickly. Bad kitty! What kind of a message was that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Callie - thank you! Rose used to like to pee on plastic, but I thought she gave up that years ago - some of my knitting projects I put in big ziplock bags inside my bigger knitting bag. Maybe it was all too much for her to resist!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.