Sunday, March 28, 2010

the smell of me


This post may be TMI (too much information)...beware!

Tonight, I was sweaty (as is often in my peri-menopausal self) and I wiped my armpits with my hand, and had the Moth sniff (not that he hasn't smelled me before, but I was conducting an experiment)

He said "smells like some of the perfumes you have been sniffing"  He didn't realise it was just my pit smell - he thought perhaps it was mixed with powder or deodorant or something.  I rarely wear deodorant unless work performance makes it necessary.

So, I pulled out Putain de Palaces which I thought was the closest thing that I could think of to me...and what the Moth said after the initial spritz was "you smell better than that."


Now after a few minutes, waiting for the dry down, he says that both Putain and me smell very similar..but that I smell more like a pencil sharpener.  Not as 'powdery" as PdP's drydown.

So yes, I'm a whore in a hotel without the sweetness!


(self portrait 2003)

13 comments:

  1. Lol
    You're absolutely great. Your experimenting is totally fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehee thanks Ines!! No wonder I was drawn to PdP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you !
    Candor is mother's milk to me ; so hard to come by, these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so funny! Such a delicate flower... of course you smell sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just loved this post...! (Loved the photo, too-- Woof!! A woman to contend with...) Husbands as guinea pigs-- the new science!! I must try PdP now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thanks LCN - I was getting a little nervous about the photo so I took it down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Callie, I'm not that delicate! LOL But thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the moss link. Wish I could see the show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the sneaky peek at your pic. What a fab unintentional interpretation of Putain de Palaces! You have nothing to fear by leaving it up. Or just claim it's a still from a French Nouvelle Vague film.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks Kate -great idea - I'll say it's from some obscure Rohmer flick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most excellent, dudess! I'm with Chaya on loving your candor. And agree with Katie that this is a most wonderful view onto Putain de Palaces!

    Incidentally, scientists check pit aroma as part of various investigations. Perhaps your ruminations will be the link to a Rohmer-esque treatment of the story of one such scientist.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaaa I thought Chaya was commenting on a perfume! Gosh I'm daft sometimes.

    Pit aroma, which makes me think about SJP and how nothing I have sniffed of her fragrances are at all skanky so it makes me wonder what she means by b.o.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.