Thursday, February 25, 2010

at Kohl's, celebrity fragrance sniffs

So on the way home from work today, I stopped into Kohl's on my way to Home Depot (I am looking for a good paint color for my office at work).   Kohl's had a few fragrances, so I was able to sniff SJP's Lovely and Twilight - I liked them both but preferred Twilight from what I could waft from one of those paper thingys.  I didn't fall in love with either, but I did enjoy them.

I also sniffed Britney Spears Believe, which was also not horrendous, and a bunch of other stuff that was too ghastly to remember (something in the prettiest bottle but I had a 'gak' reaction to it - oh yeah, it was Jennifer Lopez' Live Lux - which is the bottle in the photo).  Avril Lavigne's Black Star - reminded me of one of Kat Von D's scents (which I sniffed a few months ago at Sephora) ...none of which are very memorable.


I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed, though,  by how many fragrances, especially new ones, are out there.

(photo from kohls.com)

9 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of "Lovely"-- don't care who knows it, but I haven't gotten around to my sample of "Twilight" yet. In general, I stay away from the celeb-scents, although The Situation from the Jersey Shore is supposed to be coming out with his own scent any day now (he better hurry) called "the Sitch." (True fact.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LCN, I was actually ''this'' close to buying a small bottle of Lovely, but there was no clerk in sight. I'll have to order a sample.

    hahahaa The Sitch hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sick of seeing Celeb - or so called ,Celeb scents!
    Some of those women/girls can hardly put a sentance together and we are supposed to believe They created this new scent! Rrrrr.
    I can't wait for it to stop! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own Lovely and as some of you may recall, this is the ONLY scent Mr Bonkers likes on me...

    Did not like Twilight, if that was the ambery one. Bit synthetic as I recall.

    I DO like Believe though, and consider it the best of the Britney line, and one which would get more acclaim if we didn't know its provenance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonkers, I was surprised w/Believe - I actually went "wow, that's kinda nice" when I sniffed it - and yeah, if it didn't have the name Britney attached to it, I probably would have taken it more seriously...sigh...I am flawed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady J - do not even go near J-Lo's fragrances! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm mesmerized by that bottle. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's hypnotizing me.

    I also rather like Lovely. I think. I can't decide if that's because of the relatively high reputation that it and SJP have, or if I definitely really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CF, re: Lovely. I went to Sephora and got a sample and am wearing it today. I WANT to really like it for (esp since LCN really likes it) and I appreciate it, but I don't think it's something I'd purchase a full bottle of. I wonder what Covet is like?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.